Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Craft Idea from Artsy Fartsy Mama




 I need one last Craft to make this semester.  Then I will gear up for our Summer Reading Program.

And I ran across this great post

https://www.artsyfartsymama.com/2020/04/free-printable-butterfly-suncatcher.html?m=1

And although I copied her butterfly colors ALMOST 100%, I thought her butterfly was AMAZING and beautiful and I have loved rainbows since as far back as I can remember.  So yes, I copied.

I haven’t added the Baby oil yet, I will post after I try that out.

Here's my take on her idea.



Now I have done the Baby Oil version.  It was fun.  I colored one color family with one Q-tip, as in all red even if different shades of red.  All orange with a 2nd Q-tip, etc.
Then I turned it over on the back and basically used one q-tip and kept rewetting it with the oil and "colored" the back of the butterfly.  It kept getting "darker" and showing the butterfly.  After I got the back all showing with the butterfly, I got the extra baby oil off by blotting it between 2 paper towels.  Don't rub.  It will remove some of the coloring.
Then cut it out.  It is almost translucent.
Beautiful!  Thank you Artsy Fartsy Mama for this amazing idea!!










No comments:

Post a Comment