Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Great Fall Fest


I usually have a Children's Fall Fest in our Meeting Room, complete with games, such as toilet paper bean bag toss, where I stack toilet paper, and laminated book characters and glued/taped them on the rolls.  We also have games such as Cup-Cake Walk, or Book Walk where you play Children's Halloween Songs, and they stop on a number and you select a number from a hat, and the winner gets to select a book or cupcake.  I did Cup Cakes 2 years in a row, and the Book Walk the 3rd Year.  Pumpkin Matching, and ring toss.  I even dressed up Tootsie Roll pops as ghost. (Idea stolen from my boss—The Great Jenn Freeman)

For the Memory Game and other ideas

Other games for your fall fest

Jack-o-lantern

Frankenstein

The pictures below are of 3 years doing Children’s Services at 2 different Libraries.




If you do the Pumpkin Matching, I copied these faces onto orange paper, and made 2 copies.





Take a napkin and place the sucker upside down on the MIDDLE of the napkin.
Bring all edges of the napkin and wrap around the stick
Tie a bow with yarn to hold the napkin in place.
Draw faces on the napkins.
ENJOY!


I found book characters (or like Snoopy, MY favorite) and printed off the size of the toilet paper width and laminated so I can use them over and over for like Bowling or Ring Toss.
I also reused these at Christmas by stapling a stocking on the bulletin board and using these laminated pieces atop the Christmas stocking. 


























Felt "squares" and glue foam numbers on them for the cake walk.
One set I had, I even had velcro on the back of the felt square so it wouldn't budge during the game.
Use them for Cake Walk or at the Library we have CupCake Walk OR Book Walk where we give away free books.







I usually put together a bag of goodies, bought by our Friends of the Library, for them to take home.
Bookmark, pencil, candy, and halloween favors.
Then I put on the baggie Provided by Friends of the Rusk County Library.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment